Chicken Lollipop Recipe
|Occasion||Dinner Party, Chirstmas, Bonefire Party, Birthday Party, Party|
Chicken lollipop is an hors d'œuvre that is made from the middle (and sometimes inner) segments of chicken wings. The middle segment has one of the two bones removed, and the flesh on the segments is pushed to one end of the bone. These are then coated in a spicy red batter and deep fried. It is also a popular item in Indian Chinese cuisine, served with Szechuan sauce.
- 1 Cut the wings into two, chop the end bone, pull the flesh up with the skin and remove the thin bone and mould into a lollipop.
- 2 BOil the lollipops with ½ cup Water, ½ tsp.Salt for 5 minutes and with 1tbsp Worcestershire Sauce for 5 minutes. Remove and cool.
- 3 Mix all ingredients thoroughly, except lollipops and prepare a thick batter.
- 4 Heat Oil in a deep pan, dip lollipop into the thick batter and fry on medium heat to a light brown colour.
- 5 Serve hot with szechwan sauce.